Christ-Centered Yoga & Meditation Classes in Sacramento Area
“Thank you for a wonderful lesson today, I have never had a more inspired uplifting yoga set in all the years I have practiced. Your reading of scripture during our set was so original, it felt perfect with the outdoors. I look forward to practice again with you soon.” -Thanks Conrad
What Does it Mean to Be a Yogi for Christ?
A Christian Yogi is one who uses yoga to strengthen their faith and draw closer to Yah (God) in and off their yoga mat. Using yoga as a spiritual and physical practice, we purpose to integrate our minds, hearts, and physical body bringing ALL three in alignment and under the authority of Yeshua (Christ) so we can more fully embody is love, likeness and character. “ 1 Co 6:17 declares, “But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in Spirit.”
The Christian yogi lifestyle is also one of health, compassion, love, and service; therefore we also explore best approaches to health and healing through nutrition, meditation, and other mind/body practices.
Benefits of Christian Yoga
Yashiya is the Hebrew name of Jesus. Yoga has its origins way back in time, yet it continues to be embraced by many people from different walks of life. Much more recently, the concept of Christian yoga has come up forming yet another platform upon which yoga is practiced. The original Yoga is a practice whose roots stem from Hinduism and which is practiced by most Eastern cultures. So what exactly is Christian Yoga? Much controversy has surrounded this concept right from the validity of its name. Despite all that, the approach to Christian yoga is one that aims to allow those practicing it to profit from the benefits of yoga while maintaining Christian principles and paradigms. To learn more watch this 30 Film, “The Science Behind Yoga,” and “How Yoga Helps Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction.
Are There Any Yoga Alternatives for Christians?
Looking at the origin, the practice itself and the spiritual connotations linked to Yoga, the Christian is left wondering where to fit in. The fundamental difference between this practice and that of Hindu Yoga is in the spiritual aspects of the two. While the latter draws its structure from Hinduism, Christian Yoga is basically a way of keeping fit physically, mentally and spiritually based on Christian values. This is according to scripture from the Bible whereby every Christian believer is called to honor God with their body and also pursue ‘spiritual fitness’ more than ‘bodily fitness’.
Spiritual Benefits of Christian Yoga
A typical Christian Yoga experience will leave a person spiritually refreshed which in essence is vital for the building up of the inner man. These benefits include the following:-
- Fosters renewal of the mind through the meditation of different scriptures
- Promotes inner calmness and builds up the inner man
- Leads to a better relationship with God by ensuring a growing sense of connectivity with him
- Helps to develop a sense of fulfillment
- Fosters an attitude of positivity and gratitude
Christian Yoga for the believer enhances their relationship with God since it is a deliberate and conscious effort to meditate and get in tune with one’s spirit. By facilitating renewal of the mind through the Word of God, there is progressive positive change in the believer’s outlook of life and their thought process to reflect that which pleases God.
Enhancing Health and Physical Fitness
There are myriad physical benefits of Christian Yoga, some of which have been scientifically proven to be true while some have been documented over time as per the experiences of thousands of Yoga practitioners. Here are some of the most beneficial;-
- Improves posture, body balance and muscle tone
- Improves respiration by emphasizing on fuller and deeper breathing
- Decreases levels of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline in the body
- Promotes cardiac and vascular health therefore helpful in improving symptoms of hypertension and heart disease
- Improves sleep and enhances alertness
- Relieves discomforts associated with menstruation, pregnancy and menopause
Christian Yoga for Better Mental Health
Not only does it promote mental soundness but also promotes emotional stability in the following ways:-
- Enhances clarity of the mind
- Ameliorates learning efficiency
- Nurtures positive emotions while decreasing negative emotions
- Improves the unpleasant symptoms of some neuropsychiatric disorders
- Fosters a sense of well-being and builds up a stronger inner willpower and self-control.
Christian yoga, christian yoga alternative, Christian alternative to yoga, Yeshua Yoga